New to Early Years
Who is it for?
Any practitioners who are new or returning to Early Years - teachers and support staff.
This course aims to:
- Ensure practitioners have a good working knowledge of the EYFS documentation and their legal requirements
- Support practitioners in understanding how non-statutory documents can support the planning, observation, and assessment cycle in EYFS
- Enable practitioners to explore ways to support and extend children's learning through play across all seven areas of learning
- Clarify the importance of play and how the environment extends and enhances learning
- Ensure practitioners are confident in using the documents to plan and deliver a relevant, imaginative and challenging curriculum
This is a two-part course, and it is important that participants attend both sessions.
- Any documents that delegates should download prior to course: Early Years Statutory Framework
- Non-statutory guidance relevant to your school (Development Matters or Birth to Five)