New to Early Years
Key Stage: Early Years
Tutor(s): Sarah Jarvis
Who is it for?
Any practitioners who are new or returning to Early Years - teachers and support staff
What are the benefits?
This is a two-part course, and it is important that participants can attend both sessions
To establish a good working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and develop skills, ideas, and practical tips to support an exciting delivery of the EY curriculum. Curiosity, awe, and wonder are a must in the Early Years.
By the end of the course, participants will:
● Have a good working knowledge of the EYFS documentation and their legal requirements
● Understand how non-statutory documents can support the planning, observation and assessment cycle in EYFS
● Explore ways to support and extend children's learning through play across all seven areas of learning
● Understand the importance of play and how the environment extends and enhances learning
● Be confident to use the documents to plan and deliver a relevant, imaginative and challenging curriculum
Any documents that delegates should download prior to course:
● Early Years Statutory Framework
● Non-statutory guidance relevant to your school (Development Matters or Birth to Five)
You must be able to attend all sessions to complete the course in Full.
- Session one 19th September 2022
- Session two 22nd September 2022