Maximising the potential of disadvantaged/more able pupils
Vanessa Housley (Service Lead Education and Wellbeing)
Who is it for:
Leaders responsible for challenge for disadvantaged/more able pupils
What are the benefits?
Attendees will have a clearer understanding of evidence-based effective practice to improve outcomes for disadvantaged more able pupils via:
- Academic extension
- Curriculum enrichment
- Personal development
- Removal of financial barriers
- Monitoring and evaluation
Attendees will have the opportunity to apply this learning to their own school and consider their next steps for school improvement.
- To strengthen the identification of disadvantaged more able pupils
- To share a whole school approach to improving outcomes for disadvantaged more able pupils
- To share a range of evidence-based strategies which can support more able disadvantaged pupils effectively